Leftover Smoked Pork with Eggs
Over the Labor Day Weekend, we had my family in town so it was the perfect time to throw a pork butt on the Big Green Egg and do some smoking. The pork butt was delicious, but was so large we had some leftovers. One of my favorite things do with leftover protein is use it alongside my eggs to create a delicious, protein-packed breakfast! The leftover smoked pork lead me to prepare what may well be the Greatest Breakfast Ever!
The Greatest Breakfast Ever
1/4 to 1/2 lb smoked, pulled pork
2 TBSP Crumbled Goat Cheese
2 TBSP Homemade Barbeque Sauce (or your favorite healthy prepared sauce)
Lettuce and Sliced Tomatoes (for color, taste and carbs…the last one is kind of a joke)
1. Heat a skillet to medium heat. Add leftover PORK to skillet and allow pork to get hot.
2. Carefully crack 3 EGGS over top of the pork and sprinkle the CRUMBLED GOAT CHEESE over the eggs and pork.
3. Cover the skillet with a lid and allow to cook for 4 minutes until the EGGS are lightly cooked.
4. Remove the lid and make sure the EGGS are cooked to your liking and the GOAT CHEESE is lightly melted.
5. Plate the PORK, EGGS, and GOAT CHEESE. Drizzle the HOMEMADE BBQ SAUCE over the top and serve with a side of LETTUCE and TOMOATOES.
Once plated, find a chair with a seatbelt, strap in, and enjoy THE GREATEST BREAKFAST EVER!