I put together this recipe the other night after my wife came home from the DeKalb Farmer’s Market with some turkey thighs. It’s super simple and yielded delicious, moist and tender turkey thighs (assuming you can handle some spice!). I highly recommend giving it a try sometime!
3 pounds Boneless/Skinless Turkey Thighs, Cut into 6 ounce pieces
1 5.6-ounce can of Coconut Milk
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
1 TBSP Herbs de Provence
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
2. To prepare the Spice Blend, combine the dry ingredients into a bowl and toss until thoroughly mixed. Place the turkey thighs into a large bowl and cover the thighs with Spice Blend, tossing to ensure the Spice Blend evenly covers the thighs. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
3. In a large iron skillet or cast iron pan, heat the coconut oil on medium heat. Place the thighs into the hot pan and cook until each side is golden brown (approximately 6 minutes/side).
4. Add the coconut milk to the pan. Stir the coconut milk with a wooden spoon taking care to scrape the turkey bits off of the pan and continue to cook for about 1 minute. Cover and place in the preheated oven for 10-12 more minutes until the thighs have reached an internal temperature of 180 degrees Farenheit.
5. Allow the turkey thighs to rest, covered for 5 minutes before serving.
I served Mashed Cauliflower and sautéed Brussels Sprouts with our turkey thighs. The mashed cauliflower was perfect for picking up some of the sauce that remained on the thighs and the Brussels Sprouts were a tasty treat!
Macronutrient Breakdown for the Turkey Thighs
Serving Size: 3 ounces, cooked
Calories: 188 / Protein: 23 grams / Carbs: < 1gram / Fat: 10 grams