Chef Jose’s Corner!
It’s Tuesday and we’re back with another edition of Chef Jose’s Corner. We took a rest week last week, but Chef Jose has whipped up a tasty one for us this week! Today’s recipe is for Garlic Herb Crusted Salmon and Coconut Curry Cauliflower.
GARLIC HERB CRUSTED SALMON
4 Wild Caught Salmon Fillets
1 TBSP Salt
1 TBSP Black Pepper
No Salt Added Garlic Herb Seasoning
1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Season Salmon on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Season heavy with garlic herb seasoning. The seasoning will form a crust when pan frying.
3. Heat oil in medium – large saucepan and place the salmon in oil.
4. Cook for 4 min on each side or until your desired temperature is reached.
COCONUT CURRY CAULIFLOWER
3 pounds Cauliflower, cleaned and chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 can Coconut milk
2 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp cumin
3 tsp Red Curry Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Parboil the Cauliflower, onion, garlic, and turmeric in enough water to barely cover the cauliflower.
2. When the cauliflower begins to soften, drain the water and return the cauliflower to the heat.
3. Add the coconut milk, cumin, and curry powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cook an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to yield a creamy, delicious side dish for your salmon.
Jose Martinez is the Head Chef at Woodward Academy North Campus, Boot Camp rock star and recent Paleo convert. Jose will be sharing his tasty creations on a regular basis, so check back often for more delicious meals!