Stir Fry Vegetables, Teriyaki Chicken, Spaghetti Squash "Noodles"
It’s Tuesday and Chef Jose is back with another edition of Chef Jose’s Corner. Today, Chef Jose shares a recipe for Stir Fry Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables served with Spaghetti Squash "Noodles"
SPAGHETTI SQUASH “NOODLES”
2 Spaghetti Squash
3 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 TBSP Garlic Salt
2 tsp Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 (F)
2. Cut both ends of spaghetti squash and split down the middle. Remove the seeds.
3. Line a cookie sheet with foil, place Spaghetti Squash skin side down on the foil.
4. Dust with garlic salt, black pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Turn the spaghetti squash skin side up and place in the preheated oven for 30- 45 min. Once it is cooked, the skin will cave if you apply pressure.
6. Let the Spaghetti Squash cool for 5-10 min until you can touch it without getting burned. Using a fork, scrape the inside of the squash to yield stringy “noodles”.
*Note: Once the “noodles” are made, they can be vacuumed sealed and frozen for up to 6 months. They can be used in a variety of pasta/noodle dishes.
STIR FRY VEGETABLES
1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Sesame Oil if allowed
2 tsp minced garlic
1 pound Bok Choy, bottoms cut at the tip, chopped
3 Carrots, peeled, cut on bias
10 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
1 bunch Green Onion, ends cut and washed. Cut on bias
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Heat EVOO on medium heat in a sauté pan or wok (preferred).
2. Sauté the garlic until fragrant. Add carrots and green onions cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms and bok choy
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste, the bok choy will reduce in size by half.
1 pound chicken thighs or breast, Skin on
½ cup Tamari or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
¼ cup fresh squeezed juice from an orange.
1 TBSP Fresh Garlic
1 TBSP Fresh Ginger
1 TBSP Honey
1. Combine all marinade ingredients place chicken in the marinade overnight or for at least one hour.
2. Preheat a grill and grill chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 (F) for 15 sec.
3. If you do not have a grill, heat a sauté pan with 2 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sauté chicken until the same temperature is reached.
Jose Martinez is the Head Chef at Woodward Academy North Campus, Boot Camp rock star and recent Paleo convert. Jose will be sharing his tasty creations on a regular basis, so check back often for more delicious meals!